Would you like to…
- Improve the reading skills and performance level of all the children in your class regardless of their learning style?
- Manage your classroom more effectively?
- Reach children with hidden learning disabilities before they fall behind?
- Use research-based methods that are flexible and easily fit into and enhance any existing curriculum?
Our interactive workshop for primary (K-3) teachers and support personnel provides unique and innovative strategies for improving reading instruction and classroom management.
- A set of learning strategies promoting self-regulating behaviors
- Visual-kinesthetic approaches matching children’s developmental levels
- Strategies challenging the needs of all learners within a classroom
- Strategies that complement any curriculum already in place
- Project-based learning for students
- Detailed instructions appropriate for Response to Intervention (RTI) needs
- Theory supporting strategies and instruction with related research
- Video vignettes of implementing strategies
- Supervised experiential practice of strategies with follow-up discussion
- Verfication of Attendance Certificate
Teacher Workshop Kit Provided:
- 3-Ring binder detailing all strategies and steps for implementation
- Supplies: alphabet strip, letter recognition cards, Stop Signs in Reading chart, Webster’s New Children’s Dictionary, 2 koosh balls, 2 lbs. clay, clay cutter
- Soft-side brief case to hold above materials